neděle 4. března 2012

My Week With Marilyn

Photobucket



My Week with Marilyn is movie based on true story about Marilyn Manroe, icon of not just movie and not just in late times and Colin Clark director and writer but in this story he is starting as 3rd Director assistent.

This movies has got many pluses, what makes it really briliant are casted stars
|Michelle Williams|Kenneth Branagh| Eddie Redmayne|Judi Dench|Emma Watson|Zoë Wanamaker|
And Marilyn Theme by one and only
|Alexandre Desplat|.

I for one am fan of elegant, long and clean shots, I am giving huge plus to that along technical works such as cut, movie score (amazing singing of Miss Williams) and very nicely done costumes. I liked that very much .

Now the storyline, thats where I was slightly dissapointed, it was nice story, sure, it was calm story, deffinitely. It somehow missed something.
Marilyn is in London, for first time, to shoot movie
Prince and The Showgirl with Sir Laurence Oliviere, Marilyn somehow can't put with role until she falls into more connection with young Colin Clark. It has many touches in, such as bolsevik jokes along with some british charm or look at how movies were made back then.
Watching movie, you wish to know more from goddess life, that simply wont happen. Movie is very much based on Marilyn's emotions.


Photobucket

I wont say movie is bad, because simply that is not true I will say the movie is great to me. Yet the masses might find it bit boring and dissapointing, to their defence it does say WEEK with Marilyn not Lifetime.

Anyway. Acting. I was stunned by Mr. Branagh. Not suprised. Simply stunned once more, his potrayal of Sir Oliviere was simply amazing! (You gotta love him). Michelle Williams made me forget its her ans thinking more of her as Marilyn when movie was in half, she was very good, and to play Monroe must be truly complex therefore I am letting her go :) Eddie, Emma, Zoe were of course very good, who was amazing though was Dame Judi Dench! As expected non ?
And who gave movie most joyful and british touch ? Why
Toby Jones, who else!



I say : 70%


TRUE STORY. indeed.
This movie was based on two books by
Colin Clark, who is this mostly about, Colin's part may be even more important then Marilyn's it literaly creates rather romantic and dreamy story.
Also because Collin was at that time writing diary which was later published this movie could be created.



Photobucket

Žádné komentáře: